The Case For Tinder…A Guide For PUA’s
I can already hear the sharp intakes of breath, see the furrowed brows and expect the onslaught of troll comments but before any of that hear me out.
No Craig Cassidy hasn’t hung up his oversized biker boots, leather jacket and aviators for a life of microwave meals, trips to Ikea and an arthritic riddled right thumb.
Far from it.
Daygame/Gutter Game is and will be for the foreseeable future the main way I meet, attract and seduce women. It’s my passion, my adrenaline rush and my job. That’s not going to change anytime soon.
But…let’s get to talking about Tinder.
Ahhh Tinder and online game in general. Loved and loathed in equal divides across the PUA community, some guys dedicating swathes of time to trying to figure out the ‘code’ and other guys writing it off as a complete waste of time. So should you bother?!
Well I’m going to attempt to argue why you should…
First, let’s get the negatives out-of-the-way, of which there are many but in the main they are:
- You’re viewed as a chode in a sea of chodes, that is until you are chosen. In online/Tinder game, women are the choosers. Their value is massively inflated by the horde of losers sending them “omg u so beautiful” messages on the daily, so actually getting a response from these girls can be troublesome.
- It’s fucking time-consuming. Ever got frustrated from the time you’re spending doing admin to get your 5 daygame leads from the week to reply and come on a date with you? Well multiply that 10 fold when online/Tinder gaming.
- Quality is rare. Let’s face it, a high quality girl isn’t likely to be on Tinder. She’s already got a network of orbiter beta-males ready to come crawling whenever she desires.
- It’s difficult to display your true SMV. Looks makes up a small percentage of your male sexual market value, yet it is almost the sole reason you’ll get a response from Tinder. Sure she might make assumptions based on your images but come on, those of you that have tried Tinder know you spend less than a second to decide whether you’re swiping left or right.
- Most women do it for attention. Even if you do get a match, most women are actually on Tinder for an ego boost and self-validation. She probably doesn’t have any real desire to meet a guy from Tinder, it hardly fits her Disney romance ideals, even now it’s considered the ‘norm.’
So the odds are pretty stacked against you right? Well yeah. And you probably should just not bother and be a daygame purist right? Hmmm, not quite.
See, for all it’s flaws, I’d never consider becoming a purist and only doing one type of game, for you are actually missing out on girls and here’s why.
I’m sure you all know that in daygame, a key mindset we adopt is that for every girl you approach, she could be a ‘yes’, a ‘no’, or a ‘maybe’ girl.
That is, right off the bat the girl will either hate the sight of you, want to suck your dick right then and there or have a varying level of curiosity as to who you are and what you’re about.
Same goes for Tinder…so with the following tips, here’s how you can incorporate this controversial app into your dating life.
- First things first…find your best photos. What you write in your bio doesn’t really matter. She’s going to check you out or swipe based on your profile pic. Make it a strong one, not one of you gurning in a family holiday photo.
- If you have a cool Instagram account (like me) link it to your profile, it acts as a DHV without you have to do anything.
- Don’t spend a lot of time on it. Daygame (or night game if it’s your thing) should be the main way you get quality girls into your life. Use Tinder when you have a spare few minutes, like when you’re taking a shit.
- When you get a match, employ the same principles as you would with daygame i.e. tease, challenge, role-play…99% of guys on Tinder are clueless chodes that send shit like ‘hey beautiful how are you?” so there’s no excuse for you not to stand out.
- Show her you’re not a desperate horny chode (even if you are..) There’s a thin line between ‘here’s a guy that I’d actually meet’ and ‘great, he’s another fuck boy.’ You can deal with this by qualifying her. Sure you want to sleep with her but the rest of the guys on Tinder would do so even if she came to their house on Christmas Day and pissed on their Nan.
- Don’t spend hours (or worse days) texting back and forth on the app. Your immediate goal is to get some contact details and go from ‘that Tinder guy’ to someone she knows. WhatsApp/Facebook are ideal.
- Again, once she’s a contact in your phone, try to get her out as soon as possible on a date. Once you’re on a date with her you’re a real person. If you don’t you’re likely to be forgotten or worse, put in with the rest of the beta orbiters.
- Now you’re on a date with her it’s all you buddy, escalate, escalate, escalate…if it all goes tits up then you should have options, if you don’t then you probably didn’t follow point number 3…
I’ve personally had sexcess *ahem* success with it, met some cool girls, been on some good, bad and ‘interesting’ dates all from an app I occasionally use when I’m sat around in my underpants relaxing 😉
So there you have it guys…my case for Tinder!
The above advice was published in good faith and understanding that you, the reader, are of average or above looks, are of reasonable age and have some sort of personality. Should you be old as fuck, have a face like a melted welly or as much personality as a square foot piece of dry wall then Tinder probably isn’t for you…